Senorita Sassy Pants

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Emerging from the Depths

So it's been a little while, I know. But, my reasons for such a long absence are real and valid. It's been 2 and 1/2 weeks since this whole elementary gig started up again. What a wild ride it's been! I've seen enough nose picking and heard enough tattling to last me for quite some time. My fingers are once again covered in marker, I have white chalk on my pants, I come home to find white -out has been on my face for who knows how long, and Andy is no longer the only person that I have to repeat directions to. (Sorry, babe!) Honestly, the first week I wanted to pull my hair out and cry. 2nd graders in August are basically first graders, which are much diffrerent than the 3rd/4th graders I'm used to. Each week, God teaches me patience and perseverence. And now I'll have hilarious things to blog about. I also get hugs from sweet little arms. I missed those. My body is still in a bit of a shock. But I've emerged from the depths finally, and hope to keep you updated on all my 2nd grade antics on a more regular basis. Sorry, no picture for this blog. Just imagine me sleeping because that's what I'll be doing in about 10 minutes.

20 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

Thanks for the update. I think we can forgive your absence. Welcome back to teaching, since you've had a year off, I bet it was more than the normal 3 month shock.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ando said...

Stuff your sorries in a sack, missy!

10:54 AM  
Blogger jbau said...

Yes, Peter, yes it was.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

JBau -

Glad you are back (at school and on the blog!). Welcome back to the world of being covered in marker and seeing nose picking!!!!! As your MVP and your friend - I am thankful for you!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

Hola Senorita Sassy Pants! I have faithfully checked your blog day after day, and finally I was rewarded for my persistance! I'm looking forward to your school stories! Christian's teacher mentioned that she had to ask him to remove a golfball-sized wad of paper from his mouth the other day and also had to remind him not to stick pencils up his nose, so yes, I'll expect some interesting anecdotes as the year progresses! Welcome back!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow - I am looking forward to hearing more about Christian too!!!!!! This could be really good between the two of you - with some great ones!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Emberli said...

Before school started and I saw Riley pick his nose I told him he couldn't do that at school... something tells me that info. went in one ear and out the other, or should I say in one nostril and out the other.

8:18 PM  
Blogger jbau said...

Yes, the nose picking continues w/ great intensity in my class. It's one student who does it the most. (It's not Riley) Today I told him to please stop because it was gross. I might have to start charging them Bauer Bucks for excessive digging.

9:24 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I look forward to your stories!:)

10:40 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

Hey jbau,
LMK how the group "Mug rugs" craft goes! Grandma had many more craft ideas if you're interested--just don't feel like you need to make anything for me. :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

How hard can it be to teach 2nd graders? Com On:)

9:51 AM  
Blogger jbau said...

Have you ever been dropped off in the middle of a jungle, ridden with poisonous snakes and vicious savages? You have no weapon, save your whit and your desperate desire to stay alive. That's what it's like man; it's a jungle. You can have at it any time.

6:56 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

I hope some of the parents don't read this and get the wrong idea about you.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

Hey Jen... I thought of you Wednesday night. One of the 3rd grader's in my handbook time was trying to set a new record for depth and length in nosepicking! Soooooo gross!

10:47 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

It's time to throw some links up of your peeps on your blog. Word

5:01 PM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

I agree. It's like dead-ending into a dark alley!

Hello!! Can we go somewhere from here!?

:)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am with J Crew and Kludge :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

I faithfully check your blog every day just in case there is something new! Perhaps one of these days my persistence will be rewarded!

8:45 AM  
Blogger jbau said...

One day Jody, one day

8:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am still waiting for the great post you told me about - so I keep checking - I know it will be here someday :)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home