Senorita Sassy Pants

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Senorita Sassy Pants Goes Shopping

So I had to go clothes shopping today. I just had to. We're leaving for Indiana tomorrow. And as you know, Indiana is a little on the warm side, so I'll be in shorts and sleeveless shirts the whole time. Well, I've dropped a few pounds, as some of you know (24 lbs. to be exact! Boo-ya!!), so pretty much none of my clothes from last summer fit. Ah, the inconviences of life!!
So we're going on "vacation". I'm so excited. No Flavor, no cleaning, visitng family, eating out, doing fireworks in the front yard, seeing a different part of the country, travelling on a plane. Andy and I love to travel. This trip is different though, as you know. And though I haven't allowed Andy to blog about Indiana until we come back, I've got to blog a little bit about it.
We don't know what God has planned. It's scary, yet so exciting. I've been thinking a lot about possible moving this week. I've been thinking about all the things I'd be giving up. All the people and things that I know and love and are so comfortable and familiar to me. But in a conversation with my mom yesterday, she brought up something I hadn't really thought about. And that was what God could be wanting to give us and bless us with by moving. I don't mean a bigger house and boat on lake. (Though I have no objections to those things!)I'm talking about blessings and experiences, and taking the path that God has for us. He has a special plan for Andy and I and it may very well involve us moving. I was reminded that God doesn't plan bad and harmful experiences for us. He only wants to give us good things. He wants to see us prosper and experience joy. But He also wants us to grow closer to Him, and that may (and often does) involve some discomfort. But, the joy of knowing Him more intimately is such a great reward.
All I'm trying to say is please pray for us. We truly want to do what God wants us to do, whether that means to go, to stay, or wait on Him.
I've also thought a lot this week and since my mom's been in the hospital, about how blessed I am to have the family God gave me, for healing my mom, for the family I married into, and for the friends I have that are so much like my family. Andy and I are truly blessed.

4 Comments:

Blogger J Crew said...

If you leave, I can never talk to you again :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Jen, although I really don't want you to go and I will be really sad I have and will continue to pray that you will know Gods will for your life.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

God has GREAT plans no matter what happens! I don't want you to move, but love reasons to go to the Mid-west! We are deifnitely praying!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

...so...how was...the trip?

...patience is a virture...or so...they say...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home