Senorita Sassy Pants

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Peer Pressured


First of all, I was determined to never start a blog. I guess it was just a matter of time since I'm married to the master blogger.

Second of all, let me explain the Senorita Sassy Pants: #1 I'm spanish, so it's natural. #2 It's been said by some that I'm sassy. #3 And this is the real reason. Kristen Graves is a counseler this summer for the Santa Rosa Parks and Recs dept. and she has to have a "cool camp name" . I told her she should be Senorita Sassy Pants. She laughed and dismissed my clever name. So I'm using it.

So why am I blogging? I'm afraid that in a few months I'll be thousands of miles away and this will be a great way to communicate w/ my friends, especially the girls. Also the other day at work was very interesting and I said aloud to myself in the car, "If I had a blog, I would blog about this!" Well, now I do, so I will.

So, Thursday I'm doing the whole Flavor-waitressing gig. It was a normal day, not too busy, and I was actually enjoying myself. When a familiar looking face sits in my section, right in front of the fireplace. I had seen his face before. Wouldn't you know it was Ed Bebout (Bebow) from channel 50. You know the anchor guy. So I was kind of nervous, but things went smooth. I thought that would be the hightlight of my day, but no, there was more to come.

As I was leaving the 3rd street parking garage, I looked up to see none other than Andy's new best friend, Aurthur Bailey, walking past the garage with two shopping bags in his hand chatty happily with some lady. I expected to see a Starbucks Frappacino cup in his hand but I didn't.
Work had not been that interesting since the 70 year old man gave me a friendly swat on the rear end and he left the restaurant about a month ago.

By the by- thanks for praying for my mom. It's been a stressful and emotional week. She's still in the hospital and will be there for a little while. I won't begin to describe the hole in her chest from where they took out the old pacemaker because I will hurl all over my computer. I'm not good with blood or needles. So I will be at the hospital alot this week too. She's on antibiotics through an IV still and will be on them for another month. They don't want her to get an infection. It will take some time to heal, but she's on the mend. It's hard to see a parent look so frail and helpless, but God is good and his hand of protection was on her. I'm just glad she's okay.

So, I'm not sure if I'll continue the blog. This might be only one. And FYI, Mr. Bebout is not a good tipper.

7 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Right on Sassy!! Welcome to the blogger world.
I'm glad your mother came through surgery so well, we will continue to keep her in our prayers.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Welcome to the blog world!!!!!!!! I am excited!!!!!! Now we just need to convert Christine!!!!

Glad your mom is doing well - we will continue to pray. We are also praying for you and Andy as you seek God's direction - keep an open heart to whatever He might have for you! You guys are awesome!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

After seeing an evening news broadcast on TV50, I think Mr. Bebout might not be paid enough to tip well. If he is, he might be worried someone will find out, so he's socking any extra away.

Welcome to the blogging. Best of luck.

12:11 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

I'm a huge Ed Beebout fan... if you move, I will be devastated

10:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the picture addition - can I ask what you are doing???????

10:09 AM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

Hola Senorita Sassy Pants! I love the insanely clever name! (If you move to Indiana, I'll pay you compliments all the time)

So good to hear that your mom is on the mend. I have been praying for her and will continue to do so!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

yet another blog falls abandon on the shoulder of the information super highway.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home